Sunday, September 12, 2010

Trick of the Trade!

Here is a trick I figured out that I would like to share with you on how to get some unique, amazing decorations for your home!
Ok so a few weeks ago my mom, and I went to Oklahoma to help out at my cousins wedding. (Blog about How I decorated the entire gym by myself using practically nothing coming soon!) While we were there we decided to go rummaging around in all the old antique shops they had to offer (which is alot!) As we were digging through I found so many amazing things that I have since decorated with and love! Here are my treasures!

I love these things! They are as heavy as a rock though! The funny story that comes with these is that the lady posted a sign on them saying "used to be a set of 4" I was sad that I had come too late to get all 4 but I figured that 2 was just fine! I went over to my mom who was looking at some ghastly looking... something... and I showed her! She started laughing and said "Oh my gosh... are you kidding me? I know who has the other 2 to the set!" I couldn't believe it! She then said "the other 2 are in my house and you were the one who used them when you re-decorated my entire house a few months back!!" My jaw hit the floor, I knew exactly what she was talking about. The other two were bought 4 years earlier by my younger sister Heather who I then stole them from and used when decorating my moms house and put them up on her fireplace! I was so shocked! I couldn't stop laughing! What are the chances??? Now that I have a fireplace of my own I am thinking of putting them up on it just because of the whole situation! Crazyness!

Here are pictures of my moms fireplace with the other two block things!
The books I have already put to good use in my home! I put my topiary trees on them! I love how old they look. Not to mention these books has three hidden drawers that open up to put things in! I love them!

As you can tell I had a thing for the scout symbol that day! I just love how they look and are great to use anywhere when decorating!

This is the most sparkly thing I own! Well that and my wedding ring of course lol


If you didn't notice I am in love with all of them but my favorites by far are my necklace and bracelet!!! I wear those practically everyday!

So... if you ever want to have some fun bonding time with your mom, go to some antique shops and dig through the entire store with her and see the same and differences of what you both pick out as "cute". It will surprisingly create so many interesting conversations with her and find things out about her you would have never known before, plus you get some amazing things you can use on a daily basis!

Have fun!
Melissa Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment