Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Candle Stick

I found this treasure at Goodwill one night when I decided to spoil myself and buy just a few things! It is a candle stick that was screaming at me to refinish it!

I knew what I was going to do with it so I got started right away!

Supplies:



  • old candle stick with intricate designs on it
  • White Paint
  • 2 foam paint brushes
  • A can of wood stain
  • Sand paper
  • Paper towels
1. Paint the candle stick all white (You will need to do a few coats to get a solid color).

2. Once paint is dry take sandpaper and sand all the edges and anywhere else you want the stain to make darker.

3. Stain the candle stick small portions at a time and quickly wipe off with a paper towel.
Hint: The longer you leave your stain on the paint, the darker the stain will make the paint.


4. Let the stain dry completely then put your candle on it and put it in your Christmas decor! (my decor is only half up so I don't have a good picture of the new candle stick used in a cute way. But when I do I will be sure to post one!)


Enjoy!
P.S. The best part is rummaging around at goodwill to find a candle stick if you don't have one already!

Before!!!!


After!!!!



Have fun!
Melissa Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment